Sunday, July 19, 2009

7/17/08

I have a feeling that this cliff is over a thousand feet high, and that impact with the water below would peel my flesh from my skeleton. So while those around me are diving down at leisure, I am here...hugging this rock of ambition and purposes greater than thrills and risks on a whim--hugging me. I'm not ready to dive and risk the possibility that, upon impact, my spirit would be stripped from my core and my core would be split in two and there would be no me to defend myself against the impending pleasures of the world...hovering just above the murky waters smelling of red clay and a good time.

2 comments:

  1. Its good stripping the spirit from the body, because the body is only temporary. Go ahead .. dive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your feedback, ynga :) i really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete